Health: Emergen-C Immunity Boost
As much as I love the sunshine and warm weather, if there is one thing I can do without, it is having the clocks spring an hour forward at the end of March! Yes, it signifies that British Summertime is officially upon us and lighter evenings and warmer weather are near...but the thought of waking an hour earlier than usual is a challenge that takes me awhile to get over.... every single year!! In preparation for this lovely season and in hope of giving myself a boost every morning or at random points during hectic days, I have been trying Emergen-C! 'Emergen-C' is a new concept and an all-natural soluble with a double hit of energy release in immunity support - available in three fruity flavours, containing real fruit extracts of: orange, zesty lemon and strawberry.
Emergen-C has an impressive mix of 15 key nutrients:
- Vitamins C: good for growth and development)
- Vitamin B1: works with other B-group vitamins to help break down and release energy from food keeping the nervous system healthy
- Vitamin B2: keeps skin, eyes and the nervous system healthy and helps the body release energy from the food we eat
- Vitamin B6: allows the body to use and store energy from protein and carbohydrates in food and helps to form haemoglobin which is the substance in red blood cells that carries oxygen around the body
- Vitamin B12: makes red blood cells and keeps the nervous system healthy; releases energy from the food we eat and processes folic acid
- Vitamin D: helps to regulate the amount of calcium and phosphate in the body
More nutrients include: Folic Acid, Niacin, Pantothenic acid, Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, Manganese, Chromium and Zinc.
I took my first Emergen-C sachet midday, hoping it will give me an energy boost and top-up my energy levels. Not only did it taste great, it fulfilled its promise of boosting my energy, which in turn increased my productivity. As I had expected based on previous experiences with energy-boosting solubles, I felt my energy level drop dramatically a few hours later, which is a reminder that Emergen-C is only a health supplement and shouldn't be used to forgo a good rest and a nutritious eating regime.
Emergen-C is available at Boots and Tesco now! Emergen-C costs £4.99 for a pack of 8, £13.99 for a pack of 24 and 99p for a single sachet. Adults should take up to one sachet per day.
- Source: nhs.uk